I meet many brides who are organising their wedding in their hometown, but are now living in another part of the country, making the organisation more of a challenge. The following 6 top tips, many brides have found helpful:
- Attend wedding fairs in your hometown. Start with finding out if your venue is planning a wedding fair and then researching the same for hotels in the local area. You’ll get to meet and chat to people in local, wedding related businesses for every area of the wedding industry and get to look at their work – face to face contact that you wouldn’t get if you book straight from the internet.
- If you are unable to attend yourself, arrange for a close friend or relative to pick up information/flyers and to write comments on each of who they think are really good and may be right for you.
- If your bridesmaids are located all around the country, arrange a hen do in your home town and use the time that you are together to also arrange dress fittings, hair and make-up trials etc.
- If weekends are the only time you can visit owing to work commitments, arrange appointments well in advance with wedding businesses, as this is their busiest time and schedule several appointments on the one day to make the most of your time.
- If you are looking for a wedding supplier but unable to find what you are looking for or unsure who to choose, then ask a wedding business you have booked, as even if it is in an unrelated area, many wedding businesses that have been around a while, will be able to recommend people to you.
- Once you have your recommendations and know who you want to book, make sure you do so well in advance, as dates, certainly during the Summer months, book up very fast. If you leave it and can’t get the people you want, it may be very time-consuming researching alternative companies.
For more information call me on 0784 751 0343 or Contact Me through the website.